In 2014, to mark the Ipswich City Big Band’s first decade, it was proposed that ICBB make a commemorative recording. A grant from the Regional Arts Development Fund (a Queensland government and local government partnership to support local arts and culture) was obtained to help fund the project. The recording took place over three sessions in October 2014 at Studio 188; Ipswich City’s state-of-the-art cultural venue for community and cultural development. The CD is the product of that undertaking.
Wednesday 18th March 2015 was the launch of our 10th Anniversary recording CD at Studio 188.
As of 2020, we have very limited stock of the CD available so come out and see us at our next performance.
ICBB at Studio 188 – Tracks
1. Splanky (Solos by Michael Starr, Greg Wilson and Pamela Humphreys) 4:47
Neil Hefti, arr. Calvin Custer © WB Music Corp
2. Cry Me A River (Vocal by Nathan Walton) 3:36
Arthur Hamilton, arr. Ed Wilson © Chappell & Co. & Harmony Grace Publishing
3. Harlem Nocturne (Solos by Pamela Humphreys and Michael Starr) 4:19
Earle Hagan, arr. Frank Mantooth © Shapiro, Bernstein and Co.
4. Taking a Chance on Love 2:48
(Vocal by Rose Salemanesa – Solo by Christopher Thomas)
Vernon Duke, arr. Dave Wolpe © Miller Music Corporation
5. In a Sentimental Mood (Solo by Michael Starr) 4:03
Duke Ellington, arr. Mike Tomaro © Famous Music Corporation
6. Chega De Saudade (No More Blues) 3:54
(Vocal by Rose Salemanesa – Solo by Jordan Waldock)
Antonio Carlos Jobim, arr. Mark Taylor © Editora Musical Arapua Sao Paulo, Brazil
7. Count Bubba (Solos by Michael Starr, Greg Wilson and Jordan Waldock) 4:37
Gordon Goodwin, arr. Paul Murtha © Wingood Music Productions
8. I’ve Never Been In Love Before (Solo by Greg Wilson) 2:52
Frank Loesser, arr. Lennie Niehaus
9. Manteca (Solo by Michael Starr) 3:16
Dizzy Gillespie, Walter Gil Fuller, Luciano Pozo Gonzales, arr. Mike Tomaro © Music Sales Corporation and Luciano Pozo Gonzales
10. The Buckethead Shuffle (Solos by Christopher Thomas and Michael Starr) 4:35
Tony Guerrero, arr. by George Stone © Terminally Hip Music & Mamma Groove Music